Monday, May 14, 2018

O, Purple Haired One

Pressure? How about choosing which stories to buy, huh?
So...I had a moment of panic the other night when I realised I hadn't yet spent the last bit of my monthly pass in Love 365 and it was time for the next monthly pass to start up. Oh crap, I thought, did I just waste it? So I opened the app and bought something from my wish list not even really paying attention to what I got because it was, like, midnight. The next morning I looked and realised that what I'd bought was Be My Princess 2: Sieg Lieben. Er...I hadn't even realised that there was anything on my wish list from BMP2...how exactly did that happen? Because I'd pretty much detested the original Be My Princess and while Be My Princess 2 was better, I wouldn't say it was my favourite. But anyway. Happily, it didn't affect the next monthly pass and nothing was wasted so I was, like, well, okay...here we go, O purple haired prince. Let's give it a shot.

It's the same basic start as in Be My Princess 2: Hayden that I did as a free route, so I won't rehash the prologue again or who the MC is (she's the same dedicated pastry chef). But this time, Sieg is...well, he's pretty much an asshole. I checked out the free chapters of his POV piece too and basically, in the whole beginning of the route, he kinda likes the MC but his mouth keeps getting in the way and he says some horribly rude things. It's like he's trying to be nice, but it doesn't come out. At all.

And the MC is, understandably, not really having it. So their romance has a big hill to climb at first. She even asks him at one point why he keeps taking her places when it appears he can't stand anything about her. But, slowly, he manages to get out some of his real feelings instead of the verbal diarrhoea that usually comes out.

And there's a bunch of political intrigue in this route. The last half moves along pretty well with a fair bit of action. Things I liked: Sieg also cooks and it's one of the ways in which they finally bond and it was a realistic touch (am I honestly using the word realistic in describing anything going on in Love 365? hmmmm). The MC is still feisty. And once Sieg gets over himself, he turns out pretty sweet and shows some growth and maturity. It actually seems reasonable that he would fall in love with her as she's probably the first girl who's ever talked back to him and didn't put up with his shit.

There wasn't anything in particular I hated about it. I wouldn't say it's one of the best routes in Love 365, but it certainly isn't the worst! Probably in the upper 20% maybe. If I had to pick anything bad, I would say that the resolution with the current King was...kinda iffy and the least realistic part. There's that word again. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means, says Inigo, and he's not wrong. There's nothing realistic about this. Let's just say it's the least, um, reasonable? part...

All in all, I'm not sad that Sieg is what I wound up spending part of my monthly pass on. But I seriously don't believe that he's 30, no matter what his profile says.

No comments: